Hey there guys! The fall is in full swing and the trees have started losing leaves. I simply love how the fall is.. yellow, brown and red leaves all over, the parks around are truly breath taking. With winter fast approaching, most of us that live in cold weather cities are preparing to hibernate and start baking for the holidays. Staying at home, having nice cookies, reading magazines sounds very comforting.These days my oven has been very busy. I am using my oven for anything and everything. Yesterday, while walking through Sam’s Club, I found a nice little bag of Brussel Sprouts. Until I read the name, I always thought they were young cabbages. But once I started examining them, found that I may not be wrong.
If you are a fan of greens like me, You will definitely love to have this roasted dish as a side to your meal. Brussel sprouts are known for their many health benefits .There are many dishes that you can make with Brussel sprouts. I personally love them roasted in the oven or fire roasted. Add a pinch of sea salt and lemon zest.. and … Nom.. Nom.. Nom..
The recipe I am going to share with you is, Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts with Pomegranate seeds.Do check out many other ways to cook with Brussel Sprouts . The garlic gives a nice flavor and aroma and pomegranate seeds add extra flavor. Here is the recipe..
- 2 Pounds of fresh Brussel sprouts
- 2 tsp of lemon zest
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup of cooked bulgar ,Optional
- Preheat oven to 400 def F
- Wash the brussel sprouts well in hot water and check for any insects and clean them well before use. Cut them into half and add some lemon zest, chopped garlic and olive oil on top of it evenly . Add some salt to it and bake them at 400 F for 20-25 minutes until they turn brown and crispy.
- Toss some pomegranate seeds, lemon juice and bulgar to roasted brussel sprouts and serve as a side to any meal.
Do not add lemon juice while roasting. Toss in after roasting.