Looks like august is the most awesomest of all months. A lot of goodness around making me so lazy. I am totally in vacation mood.I’m totally loving this time of year cos my sister is here for higher studies.So I wanted to share a simple curry to relax and enjoy the moment. Bottle gourd is one of my favorite veggie, weird I know but I love it. Its a very healthy alternative to potato for making a kofta curry.
Coming to the recipe,I used 2 cups of freshly grated bottle gourd and drained the juice in separate container to use it later for the gravy. Adding the juice really added a unique taste to the curry so please do not omit it.
Bottle Gourd Kofta Curry
- 2 Cups of Grated bottle gourd
- 1/3 Cup of Grated cottage cheese,optional
- 1/4 cup of Gram flour
- 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp of Red Chilli powder
- 1 Green Chilli, Finely Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 Large tomatoes,Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, Chopped
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp of cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Kitchen king masala powder
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Place all the ingredients under the list “For kofta” in a mixing bowl and make equal sized balls and deep fry them until they turn brown . Drain the oil and set aside
- Blend all the ingredients under the list “For Gravy” in a blender adding little water and set aside
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and add the blended mixture to it and fry till the raw smell goes off. I added little amount of tomato paste to it for color.
- Add the spice powders and mix well. Stir well until oil oozes out from sides.
- Now add the drained juice and some water and bring to boil.
- Finely add koftas just before serving.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.